Sunday, January 18, 2009

Radiation, Week Two

Monday begins a full week of radiation. I know that means things are going to heat up, but it also means I will be getting closer to being done with this phase of my treatment. The ladies there are super nice and try to make things as pleasant and quick as possible. I know that I couldn't do it if the atmosphere was anything less. I am a firm believer that having a postive attitude, smiling, and laughing makes it much easier to deal with this whole cancer thing.

On another note, my hair is starting to grow!! Right now we aren't sure exactly what color it is going to be. It sometimes looks very blonde and then we see some dark trying to come through. I just can't wait for it to come in enough for me to call my older brother to tell him what color my hair actually is minus the trips to the salon for a little help, of course! Believe it or not, I really can feel it blowing in the wind sometimes!! lol

I am working on a plan in my mind for a support group. I want to include current patients, but I hope to have at least one multi-year survivor as well. I think it will be important for each person to see there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Wish me luck!

I would like for you all to keep a new friend of mine in your prayers. Her name is Tracy Billingsly and she just started her chemo last week. Tracy has stage 3A breast cancer. She is a young wife and mother, who is just precious! I know she is a fighter and that she, too, will kick cancer's behind! Tell everyone you know to pray for her and I will keep you posted on her progress. I am hopeful that she will also start a blog. If she does, then I will post a link to it on mine.

Oh, I got the most awesome red boots for my birthday from my sweet husband! I plan to wear them tomorrow. Maybe I will snap a picture to post...just teasing, but they really are awesome!

I know that this new year is going to be full of wonderful times with family and friends. Woody and I plan to get back out there and hit some golf balls. I have to drop about 25 lbs and build up some stamina or I won't be out there as much I want to be!

You all take great care and have a fabulous week!

Love you all,

Lynne

No comments:

Going Bald My Way!