Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Night Sweats...What a HASSLE!

I come to you this morning after another night of virtually no sleep! So, having said that, I cannot be held accountable for any typos in grammar or spelling!!! lol

Being thrown into "medically induced menopause" has had its advantages, but it has come with a price. The advantage is obvious to all women who dread their "monthly visitor", but the price I'm paying definitely isn't monetary. Actually, I'm saving a bit on that end of it if you know what I mean. I'm also not experiencing the really sore breasts that came along with my period, which is awesome! What is a pain, however, are the sweats that have no rhyme or reason. I may have a nights with no issues, some with very little, or a night like last night where I just couldn't get comfortable enough to enjoy my sleep! The tamoxifen only makes them worse, so I am just going to have to suck it up and deal with it.

That is easier said than done. I was supposed to meet Christina and Sarah Beth this morning for a quick run, but I just didn't have it in me. Instead, I got up, made coffee, and got on the computer. This morning would have been great for a run because the temp is nice and there is a breeze.

I will settle for this evening when I meet with the running coach for the first time. I'm sure, true to good ole southern weather, that it will be nice and muggy!! We are going to do a one mile run (I think) so that we can be evaluated and then she will put us on a schedule and give us a log book. I'm looking forward to it. I know that I need to step it up if I'm going to do this Half Marathon in November.

I'm excited about going to the beach with Melanie and Wade at the end of the month. For those of you who don't know it, Meli is a big runner! I told her yesterday that I was bringing my Ipod because I didn't expect her to literally run with me. Our idea of a long run on Saturday at the beach will be a bit different...she will probably do 8 miles or so and I will do about 4 or 5.

Well, it is time for another cup of coffee. I hope you all have a blessed day today!

Love you all, and get out and run!! (note to self!! lol lol)

Lynne

No comments:

Going Bald My Way!