Sunday, September 13, 2009

Today I come to you from the couch in the "manroom" where football is on the big screen! My sweet husband is by my side, and I couldn't be happier. There has been a lot going on lately, so I will take some time to update you.

First, I (we) decided that I would take a bit of a break (retirement, sort of!) from selling real estate. I just couldn't find it in my heart to be passionate about it and that just isn't a productive state of mind for success. I'm thankful to have a husband that supported and encouraged me to make the change. I know he likes it when I fix his breakfast, pack his lunch, and then have dinner cooking when he gets home! I confess that I enjoy it too!!

The other thing I have started to focus on is starting a new care (support) group for breast cancer patients/survivors here in Clarksville. I have partnered with fellow survivor, Kelly Blevins, to start SEE Pink! http://seepink2.blogspot.com
We are both so excited and are looking forward to our kick off Open House on October 18th. You can reach us via email at seepink2@gmail.com. If you or someone you know needs us, please contact us! The SEE in SEE Pink stands for Serve/Empower/Educate. We just know it is going to be a great thing! Please keep us in your prayers as we embark on this big adventure!

It is also coming up on one year since my diagnosis and surgery. I'm not sure why, but I've gotten very emotional. All throughout my treatment I maintained a very positive outlook and really didn't get too emotional about things. I suppose it was because there was a fight in front of me that needed more focus than my emotions! Now I'm able to reflect and I suppose that is where the emotions begin to surface. Part of me feels as though it was a lifetime ago that I had surgery and treatment while the other part feels as if it were yesterday! Of course, I now have hair and it is no longer obvious that I had breast cancer. The pink ribbon tattoo on my ankle is the only obvious sign that remains. I'm glad about that and thankful for hair, but I truly can't wait until I have a ponytail!!! Sorry Mother, Dad, and Inez, but I'm not going to keep my hair short!!!

I would like to say 'thank you' to everyone who stood by my side, prayed for me, laughed with me, and cried with me through this ordeal. Fighting cancer with an Army of loved ones behind you is a much easier fight than facing it alone! I am especially thankful for Woody. My parents are always saying that they couldn't have hand-picked a better husband for me, and I agree! I know that the good Lord blessed me when he brought Woody into my life! Thank you, Sweetheart...I LOVE YOU!!!

I wish you all a very happy, productive, and blessed week!

Lynne

No comments:

Going Bald My Way!