Thursday, November 19, 2009

Checking in...

Good morning!

It has been brought to my attention (Thanks Des!) that I need to pay more attention to my blog. So, once again, I will put my best foot forward and try to do just that.

First of all, I have to say that I was shocked when the new standards came out for detecting breast cancer! I thought the age would be lowered for mammos, but instead it was raised. From what I am hearing, there is some back pedaling going on and I'm glad! We must raise our voices and be heard all over. If one life is saved, then it is worth it. If I followed these guidelines, then by the time my cancer was detected I would have had a MUCH greater fight ahead of me versus the one I fought. I was a Stage 1A and only had a lumpectomy followed by 4 rounds of chemo and then radiation. If it had been detected later, then it would have likely spread well beyond the breast and lymph nodes.

Second, I would like to remind everyone that S.E.E. Pink will be meeting tonight at Exit Realty Clarksville at 6pm. We will brainstorm about future meetings. Kelly and I have some really good ideas, but we want to make sure that our members get what they need, so their input is invaluable. If you or someone you know has been diagnosed or is a survivor, please join us!

Have a blessed day.

Lynne

No comments:

Going Bald My Way!