Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mammogram....

Yesterday I had my first mammogram since my diagnosis and everything came back good, just like it did last year.

I've got to make sure that I do a couple of things when it comes to mammograms:

1. Remember that Dr. Steely (my surgeon) said that I still needed them although it was not a mammogram that detected my cancer!

2. Remember that Dr. Steely (my surgeon) said that I still needed them although it was not a mammogram that detected my cancer!

Mammograms are crucial for women and should never be taken lightly. Per Dr. Steely, a mammogram might see something in my breasts that his ultrasound cannot. This is the case even with my dense breast tissue. So, for me, it becomes a piece of the pie that makes up my screening plan. I also found out yesterday that I will be required, for a while, to have a mammo on my left breast every six months. Joy, joy, joy!!! lol lol

I am scheduled for my ultrasound with Dr. Steely next Wednesday. This will be the first one on my left breast since my surgery and treatment. If I'm totally honest, then I guess I would have to say that I am a bit nervous about it. I don't know if the scar tissue is going to hinder the test, but I will find out next week!

Speaking of ultrasounds, I had one on my ovaries a couple of weeks ago! My new gyno wanted to have a baseline on them now that I have had breast cancer. I was kinda hoping she would say something like, "They look rough, let's just take them out and everything else out"! I don't need them, I'm not having children, and I don't need anymore hormones threatening my breasts so why not get rid of them??!!! You know I'm already hot flashing like crazy, so what's something else to add to the fun??!! Alas my ovaries are good to go and I'm keeping it all for now!!

Kelly Blevins and I are working out the details regarding our new support group, so stay tuned for more info.

Have a wonderful hump day!

Love you all,

Lynne

No comments:

Going Bald My Way!