Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Two Blogs...

Good morning! I did an update on the SeePink2 blog this morning and felt guilty about not doing one on my original blog, so here it is!

Great story unfolding on the See Pink blog, so check it out.

I was supposed to be at my surgeon's office this morning for my ultrasound. I have not had one on my affected breast since surgery and treatment, so I was a bit frustrated when I learned that I would have to reschedule my appointment. You see, I didn't double check to make sure that my referral was current. So, I had to contact my primary care doc to ask them to contact Tri-care for the referral. I think my frustration level increased when I found out that I would have to wait until Friday for it to be requested, since the person at the office who takes care of those things only does so on Fridays.

Then I contacted the surgeon's office to reschedule, again, for next week. Thankfully, when I called I spoke to Judy, Dr. Steely's nurse. She calmed me down and scheduled me for next week. She is just wonderful and I've always been thankful for her...except when she took my drainage tubes out after surgery...boy did that hurt like the dickens!!! lol lol Seriously, I appreciate that she calmed me right down about it. Everything is going to be fine when I go, but I think I had just worked myself up to get it over with today.

Back to responsibility. It was all on me. I am always saying that it is our responsibility to make sure we take care of ourselves, especially when it comes to our health. So, part of that is making sure details such as referrals are handled and that appointments can be met. Putting that off on someone else is wrong. I will need to be better and make sure that I write down what needs to be done and when!

Have a great day everyone. I hope that it is filled with wonderful memories no matter what you have going on!!

Love you all,

Lynne

No comments:

Going Bald My Way!