Sunday, December 14, 2008

Chemo #4

Monday, December 15, 2008, is a special day. Why, you might ask. Because it is my last chemo treatment! WOOHOO!! I am very excited to be getting this portion of my treatment over and done with. I have been very blessed during these last couple of months. I have not had any nausea associated with the treatment and have had little side effects from the Neulasta shot designed to bring my white cell count up. The second shot didn't seem to make me as achy and tired as the first one, so I am hopeful that I will feel even less this last time. Keep me in your prayers!!

I will begin my radiation about mid-January. I admit that I am a bit nervous about this portion of my treatment. I know that it will be tiring from the sheer quantity of treatments and monotony of going everyday. The pain is likely to be where the radiation hits every time and shouldn't be anywhere else. Of course, I don't know everything (surprise, huh?!), so we just have to wait and see what happens. My plan is to take on radiation like I took on chemo and come out of it better than expected! Of course, it will take the same positive attitude from me, and prayers from all of my friends, family and those I don't even know, to make it through this challenge.

I will update again as the week goes on and we face down chemo #4! If you hear laughter in the airwaves tomorrow, it will likely be coming from the "chemo party room" at Dr. Patel's office in Clarksville, TN!!!!

Have a wonderful week.

Love you all,

Lynne

No comments:

Going Bald My Way!