Friday, December 5, 2008

Thank You Clarksville Mom's Club!

My presentation to the Clarksville Mom's Club went very well! Everyone was so nice and I saw a familiar face too...Shout out to Ashley G! I would especially like to thank my friend, Laurie Moudy, for asking me to speak.

It surprised me that I got a little emtional at the beginning. I looked out at this room of women and it occurred to me that I was standing there because I have breast cancer. I know that sounds odd since we are all very aware that I have (or I like to say "had") breast cancer! I guess that talking about it to family and friends on a more intimate level brings about different emotions than sharing it with people you don't know in the form of a crowd. Although I believe that I shared some very important information, it also occurred to me that I am by no means an "expert" simply because I received a diagnosis. I am realistic and know that I won't ever have all of the answers, but today made me realize that I need to know more.

As I have said, I do believe that there is a bigger picture to this cancer thing. The purpose, I believe, is to share my story and bring awareness to early detection. In particular, how I feel that an ultrasound can be a very useful tool to an early diagnosis. Remember ladies, it is your body and the doctor works for you!!!

I would like to thank the women I met Friday for inspiring me. I know that I can become more effective with my message if I gain more knowledge about breast cancer, treatment options, side effects, etc. I need to look beyond what is happening to me in order to help others.

Have a wonderful weekend and ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!

Love you all,

Lynne

No comments:

Going Bald My Way!