Friday, December 26, 2008

It's All Fine in 2009!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was great. We were able to see family and friends, but spent a quiet Christmas Eve and Day together in Clarksville. Last year we celebrated Christmas Day via the webcam, so we were both so happy to be together.

This morning I am sitting in the manroom watching the news in my new comfy pjs my sweet husband got me for Christmas! My plan is to avoid the mall today and stay put getting ready for the new year. I want to enjoy my Christmas tree for a few more days before putting everything back up in the attic.

We are looking forward to 2009. I begin the new year with the third step in my fight against breast cancer, radiation. I must admit that I am a bit more apprehensive of this step than I was chemotherapy. I know there will be more physical discomfort because the radiation will be intense on my left breast. From what I have researched and been told, my skin will become "sun burned" so to speak, which is going to be very uncomfortable. I will need to shop a bit this weekend to find some comfortable tops to wear that will "bind" me, but not be too uncomfortable. I am told wearing tradional bras is not going to be comfortable, so I must find alternatives. Thankfully, this will only be temporary and by the time spring gets ready to roll around, I should be healed up and will only need to protect the area from the sun. So, I guess that means no trips to topless beaches this year!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL

Another big deal for 2009 in our household is the dreaded "budget"!! Now that husband is going to be home for a couple of years, we are going to focus our efforts on getting some changes made to the house and backyard. That means no "retail therapy" for Lynne!!! That shouldn't be a problem for me since Woody will be home. My "retail therapy" seems to increase when he is deployed! Of course, I will have to budget big for the spring since we are also going to incorporate a new health regime in '09...that means NONE of my clothes will fit and I will HAVE to replace them with much smaller sizes!!! (Hey, Meli...I will try to get to a 6 so that you can clean our your closet!!!)

I also plan to get very serious about my Real Estate business. 2008 had many ups and downs that kept me sidetracked from my business. I don't want that to happen this year. The first quarter will be a challange because of the radiation regime, but I know that I can lay my foundation during that time and reap the benefits the rest of the year. Real Estate has given me so much flexibility and I enjoy it very much. Now it is time for me to give back, so to speak, by actually working my business as a full time career and not just when I can fit it into my schedule. Of course, my diagnosis made things difficult, but it is time for that excuse to end and to get back to work! So, don't forget to send your referrals my way and remember that I can help you find an agent pretty much wherever you live!!

That should be enough for one morning, huh?! It is time to get focused on my house. Woody and I are going to go through our clothes and get rid of what we don't/won't/can't wear. There is someone out there who could benefit from what we don't use. Nothing wrong with spring cleaning in the winter!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love you all,

Lynne

No comments:

Going Bald My Way!