Friday, January 16, 2009

Radiation, Week One

Tonight I come to you after my first three radiation treatments. Things have gone well, and I am hanging in there for now. Initially, my treatments were to end on March 3rd, but today there was a malfunction with the big door that keeps everyone else away from the radiation room. This cancelled my 11 a.m. treatment.

The worst thing so far is seeing all of these ink marks on my breast and chest! Trust me, it isn't attractive. This is just part of the process, so I will just have to deal with it.

I am anxious to get these next few weeks over. After radiation is over I will begin taking Tamoxifen to block my body's production of hormones. I will write more on that later.

I am thinking of starting a support group here in Clarksville for patients and survivors of breast cancer. It is just in my mind, so I will keep you posted as plans progress into reality.

Have a wonderful weekend, and I hope that some of you are in warmer climates!! It is below 20 here in Clarksville, TN!!

Love you all,

Lynne

No comments:

Going Bald My Way!