Saturday, January 31, 2009

24 More To Go!

After three weeks of radiation I am looking forward to nothing interrupting the rest of my schedule! Initially I was scheduled to be finished on March 3rd, but now it is the 5th. There was a problem with the big door that keeps the radiation from reaching those outside of the treatment room and then we had a day of ice that kept them from opening. Please pray for no mechanical failures and good weather!!

Radiation is no big deal as far the treatment process itself. So far I am freckling a bit and today I noticed I itched a bit, but otherwise no real visual side effects. I have found, however, that I am tired at the end of the day! I am going to the gym pretty much every morning and walking on the treadmill from 30 - 60 minutes. My energy level is really good all day, but when I slow down and stop then it is over! Of course, I can't sleep all night because of the night sweats!! I guess I really shouldn't call them hot flashes, because they last longer than a flash!!! lol lol

All in all, I am doing fine and really shouldn't complain...so I won't!

Love you all,

Lynne

No comments:

Going Bald My Way!