Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Grandmother Arrives!

Well, it has been a few days since my last post. It has been busy and fun since my cousin, Nona, brought my Grandmother, Da Sims, up on Thursday night. It was nice seeing Nona and I think she was glad to have a little time to herself on the drive back to Alabama!

As you can see from the picture posted, I had a great lunch on Friday with Da Sims and Destiny. We had the best "girls" lunch at The Looking Glass. We sat outside and ended the lunch with wonderful desserts and coffee!!

I have been feeling great and have had no temp this entire time that I have had to be careful with my white count being so low. I worked yesterday. Destiny and I had a super nice couple come into town and we were looking at houses until after dark! It was great! Today I am getting back out and spending a bit more time with them finding the right one. I know that I am likely to be confined next week to the house, so I am enjoying this weekend very much!!

My second chemo is on Monday. If all is well with my white count then chemo will be a go. If not, then I don't know how it will go from there. I will keep you all posted.

I am so excited it is November! Our wonderful friend, Melina, will be coming home from Iraq just before Thanksgiving!!! She will be coming home to her very first home!!! (I mean she has lived in a house before, but this one will be the first one she has ever bought!!) It is going to be beautiful and is in the final stages of being finished. I can't wait to see her face when she walks through the front door!! I am sure it will be a welcome sight from her accommodations in Iraq!

Well, I should close this post now. Da Sims thinks I spend too much time on the computer which is making me tired. This from a woman who gets up in the middle of the night and reads the news...online!!! I love you Da. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful Grandmother.

Have a great day and enjoy the extra hour.

Love you all,

Lynne

2 comments:

mlynnham said...

Looks like you all are having fun.
Call me after appointment tomorrow.

Love you all,
Mom

Unknown said...

Lynne, though we haven't met, I've kept up with you through your mom and dad who I just adore. I proudly wear the "Save the Boobies" t-shirt they brought to me and have followed your progress. Your wonderful attitude shines through in all you write and you are truly beautiful - with and without hair! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Marcia

Going Bald My Way!